Please note: GalatronVS is currently in Alpha. This means that we are still making some big changes to the game in the coming weeks to improve the core game experience, and none of our balance or abilities are final and are subject to change. While we make these changes, we are committed to doing our best to handle any update as gracefully as possible for all of our current players.
Pilots! We’ve released another huge push, with some major changes to GalatronVS. Here is an overview of updates:
- Added boss vaults, free vaults and medal vaults into our game
- Added passive ability cards into the game
- Added new bullet pattern cards into the game
- Added card upgrades into the game
- Added Mini-Boss encounter to the game
- Updated scoring and game score UI
- Changed shield power up to give 1 additional hit instead of duration based
- Removed Gunzerker power up
- Completely overhauled Upgrade Tab to equip mod cards
- Changed the world scaling so units are not off the screen
- Added premium currency & store
- General balance pass at game content
Kik players can now purchase 100 gems for 100 KPs through our bot! This will allow you to buy upgrades for your ship in our store. Check it out! You can use these gems to purchase vaults, buy cards, or instantly unlock win vaults.
We implemented a Vault system, which is our way of rewarding players with coins, cards, and premium gems. Here are the vaults in this build:
- Boss Vaults – you can win vaults by killing bosses, which you can unlock on the home screen. This will give you cards and coins!
- Free Vaults – a new free vault is available every 4 hours, with up to 2 stackable. That means if you come back to the game after 8 hours, you will have 2 free vaults ready for opening!
- Medal Vaults – a new medal vault is available to be filled up every 24 hours, with 2 stackable. That means if you haven’t played for 48 hours, there will be 2 medal vaults ready to be filled up. You can fill up medal vaults by participating in tournaments. First place gives you 10 medals, which instantly fills up the vault. Second place gives 5 medals, third place gives 3, and anything from fourth to eighth gives 1.
- Paid Vaults – you can buy vaults directly in the store
Bullet Pattern Cards and Passive Ability Cards
There are currently 3 bullet pattern cards and 5 passive cards collectible in the game. We’ll definitely be adding more abilities and improving the current ones moving forward, but this is just our first step at giving players the ability to power up their ships. Every ship can have 1 bullet pattern equipped, and 4 passive abilities equipped. In the future, we will also be releasing active ability cards.
Changes to Power Ups
We’ve removed the Gunzerker power up from the game. We did this because, moving forward, guns and bullets can be levelled up in the Upgrade tab.
We also made a change to the Shield power up. It used to be duration based, but now gives you one additional hit. We made this change for two reasons:
- We will be releasing active abilities in the future with duration based invulnerability that is better suited for colliding into enemies to destroy them
- We did not feel the power up was true to how a “shield” should work, as it’s meant to absorb damage, and not meant to be used as an offensive weapon
We’re now working on getting active abilities into the game, as well as new maps, enemies, bosses and mini bosses. We’d love your feedback on other features you’d like to see in the game. Let us know!
Follow Us on Facebook!
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook to stay in touch with game updates: https://www.facebook.com/galatronvs. You can also send emails to email@example.com at any time if you have any questions, comments, or feedback. You can also directly Kik username bvg_vox if there’s anything in the game you’d like to talk about.